The MOD102+ expands on the same all analog vacuum tube classic American circuit design combined with a British style Class A output section as the Original MOD102 with some much added special “+” features. These special features include a three position progressive toggle switch for off-standby-power and additional push-pull functionality for each control - pull out the bass control knob for “mid boost”, pull out the treble control knob for “bright”, pull out the volume control knob for “turbo”. These new features and a JJ ECC803-S (a long plate 12AX7 known for its complex mid range tones) allow for a wider variety of tones and extra control for the user.
MOD 102+ Guitar Amp Kit Features:
- All Tube Design (solid-state diodes used only for full-wave rectification)
- 8W output power into 8 Ω
- 1 channel
- Vintage channel controls with push-pull functionality: bass (+mid-boost), treble (+bright) and volume (+turbo)
- Vintage pilot lamp and screw-on jewel cover for power-on indication
- Output Impedance: 8 Ω
- Tubes included: one ECC803 (JJ Electronic brand preamp tube), one EL84 (JJ Electronic brand power tube)
- Hammond Mfg 269EX power transformer and P-T31 single ended output transformer.
- Cathode biased class A power tube operation (no bias adjustment needed).
- Point to point hand wiring using terminal strips
- Carbon film resistors
- Metalized polyester coupling caps
- Pre-punched steel chassis
- Assembled Kit Weight: 5.55 lbs.
- Assembled Kit Dimensions: 10" Width x 6" Depth x 5 1/8" Height
Part III in the ModKitsDIY Amp Build Series.
The Final Time Lapse on the ModKitsDIY Amp Build.
The MOD102+ expands on the original MOD102's all-analog classic American circuit design combined with a British style Class A output section with some special new features.
Folks - just a really quick iPhone video of my Mod102+ Amp Build. REALLY happy that it worked! This was the first amp EVER that I build.
This is the demo & review video of the ModKitsDIY 102+ Amp Build!