MOD 101 Guitar Amp Kit
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions for the Mod 101 Guitar Amp Kit.
60 watt vacuum tube amp kit.
The MOD 101 Amp Kit measures 8 1/8" in height, 19" in width (including handles), chassis width is 16", depth is 8". Overall weight of assembled amp kit is 23.7 lbs. Comes with complete instructions for putting together kit as well as detailing 32 circuit variations including: Tone Stack Mod, Input Voltage Divider Mod, Negative Feedback Mod, Bypass Cap Mod & Power Tube Mod.
MOD 101 Guitar Amp Kit Features
- All Tube Design (solid-state diodes used only for full-wave rectification)
- 60W output power into 4, 8, 16 and 20 Ω
- 1 channel with customizable: tone stack, power tubes, negative feedback, input miller capacitance volt divider/LP filter, and preamp cathode bypass cap (all parts included)
- Vintage channel controls: bass, treble and volume
- Vintage pilot lamp and screw-on jewel cover for power-on indication
- DPDT power switch circuit for instant high-voltage drain in power-off
- Standby Switch
- Output Impedance Selector Switch: 4, 8, 16 and 20 Ω
- Tubes included: one 12AX7 (preamp), one 12AT7 (phase inverter), one matched pair of 6L6GCs and one matched pair of EL34s (JJ Electronic brand)
- Hammond Mfg 374BX world power transformer and 1650P push-pull output transformer
- Fixed bias class AB power tube operation with bias pot adjustment
- Point to point hand wiring using terminal strips
- Carbon film resistors
- Mallory coupling caps
- Pre-punched painted steel chassis
- Assembled Kit Weight: 24 lbs.
- Assembled Kit Dimensions: 16" Width x 8" Depth x 8 1/8" Height
MOD 101 Instructional Features:
- Detailed, easy to follow instructions include high resolution computer drawings for parts list and every step of assembly
- Tips for soldering and wiring
- On-line technical support
Here is what people are saying about MOD 101 Guitar Amp Kit
"This kit was my first amp build. I had fun and learned a lot while putting it together. Now I have a great time gigging with it!"
"This is a nice amp. The kit was fun to build and the instructions were great!"
"I've been wanting to learn to to build my own tube amp for a long time but had no idea where to start. The MOD 101 has been my gateway to DIY amp building."